Have any of these ever applied to you, in your past or present?
- You fantasized about what your life would be like “when. . . ,” but were thrown for a loop when life turned out to be nothing like those dreams.
- You put up so many walls around you that you can’t remember which went up first and why.
- You had a less-than-stable upbringing, and it paved the way for some not-so-great life choices.
- You have ever felt broken.
- You have ever struggled with the need to be perfect.
- You have asked God for a redo in Life.
- You are uncertain of this thing called Grace and what it means. Or, you understand, yet feel completely undeserving of God’s unmerited favor and find it hard to accept.
- You feel God calling you to be… or do… something. But, you don’t feel worthy of being used by Him, and wouldn’t know where to begin even if you did.
- You adore any or all of the following: diy projects, red lipstick, anything vintage or retro, books, impromptu kitchen dance parties, rummage sales, crafting, cooking up new recipes, naps, pineapple-coconut anything, artsy shenanigans, tex-mex, bright colors, laughing, music, road trips, more books, coca-cola, quirkiness, or sarcasm.
If so, you’re in good company!
My life couldn’t be further away from my former fantasies (disillusions). Years ago, my dreams went flying out of tattered windows, never to look back. And the reality of what remained, turned my world upside down.
Restoration is a progress, and it isn’t always easy.
God has given me new dreams… His.
My home is one big eclectic restoration project, including the people who inhabit it. I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Sometimes we cry. We argue. (Yes, we’re in ministry). We mess up. We fall. But there are also lots of smiles. And there is love. And laughter. And there is music and lots of bad dancing. And, we. love. it.
I am the wife of a youth pastor and momma to three incredible kids. Life is cray. I love my Jesus and my mind is still blown over the concept of Grace. I write and speak. I have an artists heart and love anything hands-on. God restored my soul. And I adore this perfectly imperfect life.
Join me on this project called Life. Projects with a friend are simply more fun, and lighten the load. I believe this crazy notion that we can walk through restoration together, sharing the love of Jesus as He upcycles our hurting world, and rise up a generation of women walking in what God has called us to become. Let’s do this thang!
For more about Crystal, read her #livefree story.